Position to Open Sex Chakra
Sexual energy is the most condensed form of physical energy and, if correctly channeled, it can play an important role in one’s personal and spiritual evolution.
8 Exercises for Fitness, Healing, and Longevity
- Builds sexual potency
- Opens and balances the Sex Chakra
- Channels sexual energy up the spine so it can be used by the higher centers
- Excellent for the digestive system
- Good for the back and spine
- Helps detoxify and cleanse the system
In particular the hamstrings and groin should be stretched and warmed up prior to trying Lotus Pose.
How to Do Tantra Yoga Lotus Pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs bent at the knees in front of you.
- Wrap your index and middle finger around your big toe of each foot.
- Now slowly start to extend your arms and legs, while you balance on your sacrum.
- Try to straighten your legs all the way if you can. Don't force it.
- Keep your eyes open and focus on a point in front of you to help you keep your balance.
- In the final position, you will be leaning back about 30 degrees. Try to keep your back straight.
- Once you come into the position, hold while doing normal breathing or do Breath of Fire.
- Bend your knees and lower your legs to the ground once you are done.
- If you cannot hold your big toe, as indicated above, you can also simply grasp your feet instead.
- As this pose increases blood flow and puts pressure on the heart, you should be cautious if you have high blood pressure or major cardiovascular issues.
- Be careful in doing this pose if you have back or spine problems.
- Be sure to warm-up correctly and not force this position. There are many other good stretches you can do to prepare your body for this pose, so start with the easy ones and only attempt Lotus Position once you have improved your flexibility sufficiently.
Additional posts on Healing and Meditation:
My favorite Meditation for Self-Healing by Yogi Bhajan
Exercise to overcome all of your physical shortcomings
Also try Bliss Meditation
Highest Yoga Tantra
Three Treasures Qigong Healing Meditation
Qigong Meditation: Embryonic Breathing
Tips and Resources for healthy Digestion:
The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
TOLERANT=Gluten Free, Organic, Legume Pasta
Yoga practice to increase Abdominal Fire, Reduce Fat and Purify the entire system of Toxins
QIGONG WALK is an excellent exercise for everyone to increase Qi (vital energy) quickly
The Key to Longevity
Eight Exercises for Fitness, Healing, and Longevity
Acupressure Point and Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids