Then, practice Surya Bhedan for 5 minutes each day for amazing results.
Breathing solely through one nostril can change your energy and mood.
Find a comfortable sitting position with the head, neck and back erect.
Place a piece of cotton (or hold it closed) in your left nostril and start.
Surya Bhedan is a form of Right nostril breathing that must be added to your daily regimen if you are to overcome all of your physical shortcomings.
Surya means sun, Bheda means breaking through something.
In Ancient Eastern Ayurveda Medicine it is taught that breath entering into the Right nostril is Pingala Nadi, which represents physical energy, and when one breathes "exclusively" through the Right nostril it is called Surya Bhedan.
This is an amazing way to increase the Pranic energy flow in your body 10 fold.
It revitalizes the body, increases vitality, heals depression, eliminates anxiety and other mental illnesses. It can produce stunning results.
Surya Bheda Pranayama is a very good exercise for Vata problems and cures problems with gas in the abdominal region.
If you often have cold feet and hands do this exercise and get warm again!
Of course, if you have some knowledge about the chakras, this energy is also the energy of the third Chakra, the fire and the heat.
When to Avoid Surya Bheda Pranayama
- People who have high Pitta or acidity should avoid this posture
- Do not labor or force yourself during this pranayama. Sit comfortably
- It should not be performed if you are suffering from any kind of fever as it increases the heat your body.
- If you currently have diarrhea, please also avoid this pose.
- One should not perform this pranayama for more than 20 minutes or immediately after food.