This is one of my favorite meditations. I try to practice it as often as I can. It's a beautiful mantra that you can sing or listen to. You can experience peace and calm right away.
"A regular listening practice is not only good for practical, preventative self-health care, but also it will aid in the assurance of a healthier life. It can help preserve the body and pave the way toward a positive mental projection. Chanting or listening to this mantra set to this classical tune will drive out depression and re-vibrate your life.
It contains the eight sounds that stimulate the Kundalini to flow in the central channel of the spine and in the spiritual centers.
This sound balances the five zones of the left and right hemispheres of the brain to activate the neutral mind. As this happens, the hypothalamus pulsates in rhythm with the divine gland, causing the pituitary master gland to tune the entire glandular system. Then the sympathetic, parasympathetic and active nervous systems match the timing of the glandular system. As a result, the muscular system and cells in the blood work in conjunction to receive this healing vibration, and the rebuilding process of one's health is triggered.
This universal healing prayer, which is set to a healing classical tune, can purify the aura and consolidate your mental projection into a one-pointed positivity towards yourself and your health.
Listening to it helps rebalance the entire auric circulation and gives you a sense of security that activates your self-healing capacities. A consistent listening or chanting practice becomes impressive enough to permeate the subconscious, which in turn automatically influences the conscious mind. Then it becomes a part of one's deep intuitional conviction.
Ra Ma Da Sa is like a rare diamond, which connects you with the pure healing energy of the universe.
This meditation can be done alone or in a group for self-healing and to heal others and the world. Those who practice this meditation participate in anchoring the healing vibration on the planet.
I got this information from kundaliniyoga.org website. You can also find it on YouTube. Snatam Kaur - Ra Ma Da Sa
Yogi Bhajan has said that the mantra RA MA DA SA SA SAY SO HUNG is one of the most powerful healing mantras on the planet. The power of this mantra comes from its ability to connect earth and ether. This mantra is used in many meditations taught by Yogi Bhajan. Below I explain one of the most popular meditations.
MA - Moon
DA - Earth
SA - Infinity
SAY - totality of infinity
SO HUNG - I am Thou
Activating the Chakras
The mantra can be vibrated up the spine, chakra by chakra. Slightly pull on the energy centers as you chant each sound. This internal stimulation helps activate and align the chakras.
MA - belly (ma aa)
DA - navel center
SA - heart
Pause - hold at heart
SA - heart
SAY - throat ( say ay)
SO - third eye
HUNG - out the top of the head
Set your intentions and ask for healing for yourself, others you wish to include, the Earth and Yogi Bhajan. Then release these prayers to the universe. During the meditation concentrate only on doing the meditation, the mantra and the effects you are experiencing. Get into the sensory experience and awareness. The more you are present to your experience, the more effective you are in creating a sacred healing space. You will use the space that you have created at the end to share healing energy.
|Position - Mudra|
Sit in Easy Pose (or full lotus) with your upper arms resting against your ribs, slightly in from the sides. The elbows are bent, and your forearms
positioned upward and slightly angled out from the upper arms. Your palms are flat, facing upward and pointed out from your body at a 45-degree angle.
(to form a 45% angle point the hands are over the legs toward the knees.)
The fingers are together with the thumbs stretched out towards the side away from the fingers.
The mantra is to be chanted in either of the following two versions:
Effects and Powers
This meditation gives one the power to heal long distance and to heal with the hands.
Now is the time to use the healing space that you have created.
- Inhale deeply and hold the breath. While the breath is held, concentrate on yourself and feel the sensations in your body. Feel or allow the vibration of the mantra to penetrate every cell of your body. Feel the mantra continue to resonate in your body. Become the healing vibration. Allow yourself to be healed.
- Inhale deeply and hold the breath. Feel the healing love pulse in your heart. Invite in friends, members of your family and situations and allow them to be bathed in the healing vibration. Hold them in your body, in your heart and in the healing vibration that you now resonate with and embody.
- Inhale deeply and hold the breath again. Feel that your heart is so big and the love so infinite that you can hold the whole earth in your heart. Let the earth pulse with the mantra and be healed with this love.
- Inhale deeply and hold the breath for a last time. Invite Yogi Bhajan into your heart to be healed. Be very attentive. I personally find that my heart space increases dramatically when I invite Yogi Bhajan in. I feel he is also healing me.
- Chanting RA creates this energy.
- Expand it to fill every cell of your body. Then merge with the group's light if you are doing this with in a group.
- Feel the light expanding to radiate through the room, the vicinity, the area, country and then the whole earth.
- See/feel the earth healed.
- See/feel the hearts of every person penetrated with love and peace.
- Merge everything into Universal Light.
- As you come back, i.e. focus only on yourself, know that you can maintain this healing energy and light in your being.
- Intend that simply by smiling and greeting others, you share this love and light with the world.
It is always more powerful to do any meditation or yoga practice with a group. Our individual energies merge to create a powerful healing vortex that supports everyone present. Invite friends to do this and other meditations with you. And even if they do not choose to chant, they can lie there and receive the healing energy. It always feels good to share like this.
Breathing exercise to overcome all of your physical shortcomings
Also try Bliss Meditation
Please also try my heart-opening exercise/visualization is about opening your heart to Love
8 Exercises for Fitness, Healing, and Longevity
Kundalini Yoga Mantras For The New Age
Yoga Meditation: Through Mantra, Chakras and Kundalini to Spiritual Freedom
Three Treasures Qigong Healing Meditation
Qigong Meditation: Embryonic Breathing